Terms & Conditions
RESCHEDULING AND CANCELLATION
Should you wish to reschedule or cancel you reservation you will need to give us 48hrs (2 days) notice before you scheduled appointment, cancellation/rescheduling not be made in time will result in the full treatment fee/ voucher being redeemed, Please note that no refunds will be issued.
30 (thirty) days or longer before the reservation date: a cancellation charge equivalent to 15% (fifteen percent) of the invoiced amount;
14 days’ cancellation 50% (fifty percent) cancellation charge equivalent of the invoiced amount.
7 (seven) days before the reservation date: a cancellation charge equivalent to 75% (seventy-five percent) of the invoiced amount.
48 hours and same day cancellation fee a cancellation charge equivalent to 100% (one hundred percent) of the invoiced amount.
Dates are subject to availability. You will receive a booking receipt with any of the 2 dates you have specified. To secure your booking we will require a 50% deposit (you need to email us proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org), the balance will be payable on arrival. Please arrive 15min prior to appointment. We kindly request punctuality. Late Arrival will result in a reduction in treatment time whilst the full treatment fee will apply. Please bring your bathing costume. Crystal Rose Lodge & Spa will not be held responsible for any theft, damage, loss or misfortune that may occur. Please consult your therapist if you have any of the following conditions: On any Medication, High blood pressure/Low Blood Pressure, Any heart condition, Recent surgery, Sinusitis, Sunburn, Pregnancy, Epilepsy, Diabetes, Eczema or Psoriasis, Muscle or joint injuries, Any Allergies.
Please note NO alcohol will be allowed to be brought on the Crystal Rose Lodge & Spa’s premises, we have a cash bar where items may be purchased, should you have special request please let us know in advance
Due to the nature of Crystal Rose Lodge & Spa’s business, services, products, terrain and facilities, Crystal Rose Lodge & Spa’s, their employees, shareholders, consulting staff, agents, representatives or contractors (including those providing transport to and from the Crystal Rose Lodge & Spa’s premises) (collectively, “staff”) shall not be liable for any cost, expense, loss, damage, accident, delay or inconvenience suffered by you as client, arising from the provision of the services or the supply of the products by Crystal Rose Lodge & Spa or its staff.
This shall however not apply to liability that may attach to Crystal Rose Lodge & Spa for gross negligence or for your death or personal injury, caused by an act or omission of Crystal Rose Lodge & Spa or its staff, unless you failed to notify crystal rose lodge & spa of any medical condition that you have been or are suffering from, medical treatment that you were or are undergoing or medication that you were or are receiving, prior to receiving the services or purchasing the products. Subject to the above, all medical assistance or evacuation will be at your own cost. You shall carry the risk of theft, destruction, damage or loss of and to all goods and equipment that you bring onto Crystal Rose Lodge & Spa’s premises.
Crystal Rose Lodge & Spa operates a strict no smoking policy throughout the lodge. Guests wishing to smoke may do so at the designated smoking areas (Signs Implicated) at the Lodge. Any guest caught smoking outside of the designated Smoking Areas will be given one (1) warning. Any guest caught smoking inside the Rooms or if the Rooms smell like cigarette smoke, will be asked to leave immediately without a refund. The Lodge reserves the right to further charge for the cleaning of the room and loss of business for 24 hours after the guest has departed in order to clear the room of smoke before re-letting to a non-smoking guest.
REFUND AND RETURN POLICY
Once a voucher has been purchased, no refund will be issued
Any Specials (Whether Spa Specials, Wedding Specials or any other Specials) Can not be Swapped out for a different Special/Can not be Swapped out and Pay the Balance of a Different Special or be refunded for a special which amount is less than the special paid for by the customer.
Terms & Conditions
- Your contract is with us, Crystal Rose Lodge & Spa, (CC Registered number 7106180174086)and situated on plot 85 Michael Street, Oaktree Krugersdorp2. We appreciate that on occasions someone else (such as a parent) may wish to make payments due to us on your behalf. We are happy to accept such payments, but please note that unless we agree otherwise with you in writing you are legally responsible for any payments due to us.
- In these terms, “venue” means the venue at Crystal Rose Lodge where your wedding or Function is agreed to be held, “wedding” also means (where applicable) a civil partnership, “wedding package” means the services relating to your wedding which we agree to provide to you; and “working day” means a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in South Africa when banks in South Africa are not open for business.
Making your booking
- We may agree to you making a provisional booking with us, but this is not legally binding on either you or us unless you have paid your deposit and signed the terms and conditions after we have sent you an invoice.
- If, after receiving our quotation and invoice for your wedding package, you want to make a booking with us, you should within 28 days of the date of our quotation & invoice pay a deposit of 50% of your hire charge. (Payment plans can be arranged by our coordinator on request.). Payments can be made in cash, EFT or by most credit/debit cards. Please note that your deposit will not be refunded if you subsequently cancel a confirmed booking, as explained in paragraph 25 below. .A contract is only formed between you and us when we accepted your deposit. No booking application shall be binding on us and no contract shall be formed unless and until we send this confirmation. If we do not accept your booking application, we shall, of course, return your deposit.
Your wedding package
- The general content of your wedding package shall be as set out in your quotation, or as otherwise subsequently agreed with us in writing. We may finalize certain details of your wedding package (for example, the exact numbers of guests to be catered for, and the menu for meals) with you in the period leading up to your wedding, in accordance with these terms.
- As part of your wedding package, the public areas of Crystal Rose Lodges Chapel, Venue and its Gardens & lawn will be hired to you, for the period set out in your quotation. During the duration of your function, Crystal Rose Spa & restaurant is totally out of bounds for your guests if not otherwise stated in your quotation
- All accommodation is strict to be booked at reception only or by email to email@example.com. All reserved bedroom bookings must be made on our relevant terms and conditions (a copy of which we will enclose with your room invoice)Some of the packages has the honeymoon suite included for the bride and groom, under no circumstances may any other party make use of the room.
- Subject to paragraphs 10 to 12 inclusive, the price of your wedding package shall be as set out in your quotation.
- If not all components of the price in the quotation are stated to be fixed (for example, because they depend on the number of guests to be catered for), the final price will be determined either in accordance with the quotation (for example, the charge “per head” for meals) or as otherwise agreed with us (for example, if there are any “extra” services not set out in the quotation which we subsequently agree at our discretion to provide to you).
- If your wedding date is scheduled more than 1 year after the date of our confirmation of booking, we reserve the right to increase the price of your wedding package by up to 10 % for each complete period of 12 months between these two dates.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date the contract is formed between you and us and the date of your wedding, we will adjust the VAT you pay (and hence the overall price of your wedding package), unless you have already paid for your wedding package in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- An R2500 refundable breaking deposit in cash is payable the morning of your wedding, which shall be given back to you the morning after the wedding minus breakage if any occurred
Payment of balance
- We will invoice you for the total price of your wedding package (less any deposit paid) approximately 28 days before the scheduled date of your wedding. You must pay our invoice in full no later than 14 working days from the date of invoice.
- You must confirm final catering numbers no later than 15 days before your wedding so we are able to raise a final invoice. Subsequent increases in numbers will be invoiced separately. Please note, no refunds will be given for any decrease in numbers.
- You must provide us, by the dates we may reasonably request of you, with any other information we ask for (such as your final choice of menus) so that we may finalize the details of your wedding package and/or its price.
- Unless we agree otherwise, only food and drinks supplied by us may be consumed at your wedding. Should you wish to provide your own beverages, our standard corkage charges will apply. Please advise your guests that no alcohol or beverages are to be brought on Crystal Rose Lodge and that any such will be confiscated or they will be asked to leave the property immediately.
- You must comply with, and use your reasonable endeavors to ensure that your guests comply with; all of our reasonable instructions intended to ensure the safety of property and/or people at the venue. Under no circumstance are any chairs or glasses to be moved from the hall.
- You must provide your guests with such information we may reasonably request regarding arrangements to be followed at the venue (for example, in relation to car parking or the storage of valuables).
- Any damage caused to the Venue, its equipment, contents or fittings will be invoiced directly to the couple immediately after the event.
- We reserve the right to stop any activity which we reasonably believe is likely to cause damage to the interior or exterior of the venue or to risk the safety of people at the venue, and we will not tolerate any abusive behavior by guests to any other guests or member of staff. We reserve the right to remove any persons acting inappropriately from the event.
- If you include any images of the venue on your wedding invitations, you must ensure that you have the permission of the appropriate copyright holder.
- Details of third party suppliers we provide to you are intended to help you in arranging other services to be provided in connection with your wedding. If you do engage these or any other third party suppliers, we accept no responsibility for their performance of services and you should take up any complaints with them directly. You are also responsible for paying their charges directly. We reserve the right not to allow into the venue any third party suppliers who do not meet our requirements intended to ensure the safety and welfare of property and people at the venue.
Cancellation by you
- If you want to cancel a confirmed booking, you must do so in writing and the provisions of paragraph 25 shall apply.
- We will use reasonable endeavors to “re-sell” the date to another couple. However, you must pay us any losses and costs we suffer because of the cancellation which was reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into, whether or not we are able to resell the date. Depending on when you cancel, the cancellation charges you must pay shall be determined by reference to the table below. We will tell you the exact cancellation charges once we know whether or not we have been able to resell the date, and you must pay the charges within 20 working days of our invoice. Where the final price has yet to be finalized (for example, because you have not yet confirmed catering numbers), we shall base the cancellation charges on any minimum numbers set out in our quotation.
|Length of time before your scheduled wedding day||Cancellation charge|
|More than 6 months||Amount of your deposit (ie non-refundable in all cases)|
|Between 3 and 6 months||Up to 50% of total wedding package price|
|Less than 3 months||Up to 75% of total wedding package price|
|Less than 1 month||Up to 100% of total wedding package price|
Cancellation by us
- We reserve the right to cancel your booking without liability to you and without any obligation to refund your deposit if:
(a) you do not pay us the balance of your wedding package price by the date due for such payment; or
(b) we have reasonable grounds to believe that you may not pay us the balance of your wedding package price by the due date and we have requested you to explain the position and you have not done so satisfactorily; or
(c) we discover before you have paid the balance of your wedding package price, that you have deliberately concealed information, or deliberately given us incorrect information, about your intended wedding in circumstances where (if you had not done so) it would have been reasonably foreseeable that we would not have accepted your booking; or
(d) we have reasonable grounds to believe that your behavior or that of your guests at the wedding is likely to result in damage to the venue or to our property and/or injury to people.
- If we cancel your booking under paragraph 26, you must pay us any losses and costs we suffer because of the cancellation which was reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into, whether or not we are able to resell the date. Depending on when we cancel, the cancellation charges you must pay will be determined by reference to the table set out in paragraph 25 above.
Events outside our control
- Except as set out in this paragraph 28, we shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under our contract with you that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (such as serious damage to the venue, serious adverse weather conditions, a pandemic or epidemic, or interruption or failure of utility services such as electric power, gas or water). In these circumstances, we shall use every effort to notify you as soon as is reasonably practical. If, as a result of such events, we believe we have no alternative but to cancel your booking, we shall use reasonable endeavours to help you find an alternative venue of a similar standard for a similar price but our sole liability to you shall be to refund you any money you have paid towards your wedding package.
Limitation of our liability to you
- Subject to paragraph 30, our total liability to you for any loss you suffer will be limited to the total amount of money payable to us for your wedding package. We will not be liable for any losses which were not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into or for any losses that were not caused by any breach of contract or breach of statutory duty or negligence on our part.
- Nothing in these terms excludes or limits in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit (or attempt to exclude or limit) our liability.
Changes to the venue and/or your wedding package
- We reserve the right to make changes to the interior and/or exterior of the venue between the time we accept your booking and the date of your wedding. For example, we may make changes to the décor and color schemes of function rooms, and we cannot guarantee that the venue and its surrounds will be free from additional structures (such as marquees or scaffolding).
- We will use all reasonable endeavors to ensure that no components of your wedding have to be altered. However, as a wedding planner it is normally put together a long time before your scheduled date, we reserve the right to make changes to certain components if this is necessary to comply with safety requirements or other changes in law or relevant codes of practice, or to make other minor changes which we reasonably believe will not be to the detriment of your overall wedding experience.
- We will notify you of any significant changes covered by paragraphs 31 and 32, but unless the change is one which is likely to fundamentally change the nature of your wedding experience we will not offer a refund, costs or compensation.
- If only one person is making the wedding booking, that person confirms that s/he has the authority to make the booking on behalf of both persons intending to be married. Our contract will, therefore, be with both such persons.
- Any error or omission in any information or document issued by us shall be subject to correction provided that the correction does not materially affect the contract.
36. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under our contract with you to another person without our prior written consent, which we will not withhold unreasonably. We can transfer all or any of our rights and obligations under the contract to another organization, but this will not affect your rights under these terms.
- If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- No person who is not a party to our contract with you shall have any rights under or in connection with it.
- All written communications by you to us must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may send written communications to you at the email set out in our quotation.
- These terms shall be governed by South African law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of other courts.